London Borough of Southwark
Councils increasingly have transformation teams with digital skills but they tend to be small teams struggling to manage the demand from services wanting digital change.
There have been small scale successes with design sprint and agile discovery projects utilizing GDS methodology, however traditional council governance, culture and structure make it difficult to do this at scale and pace.
We want to understand the challenges to deploying this thinking, and why service design and agile methods are so difficult to implement in a local government setting.
We want to look at:
– How useful current training and development on offer are to the teams involved in redesigning digital services.
– Common experiences & pain points across Councils
– Experiences of service teams trying to startup and run transformation projects
– Experiences of digital and transformation teams and how they manage demand
– How tools & methods can be used to facilitate digital transformation at scale
– How to practically change the culture of an organisation so that we can transform at scale
- Digital leadership training (for council leaders, service managers or senior executives)
- Digital and agile awareness
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to service design
- Introduction to delivery management
- Introduction to product management
- Introduction to digital business analysis
- Agile for teams
2 thoughts on “London Borough of Southwark”
As Programme Manager - Dorset Councils Partnership:
We might be able to offer some support on the digital culture change piece as we have undertaken some work on this.
Would be interested in supporting this project as we are entering into a unitary organisation next year in Dorset and digital will be a key part of our transformation.
As Head of Delivery:
Hi – we’d also be interested in partnering or offering support – we’ve done work on agile governance: https://blogs.hackney.gov.uk/hackit/governance-so-good-people-prefer-to-use-it
agile principles: https://hackit.org.uk/how-we-work/hackit-manifesto
and agile delivery: https://hackit.org.uk/how-we-work/hackney-agile-lifecycle
we’re currently working on an intro to agile, lean and user centred design training for colleagues. Happy to share thoughts and ideas. We put in an EOI with Dorset and Ashfield which was v similar to yours, so looks like we’re thinking along the same lines!
Comments are closed.