Why we're doing this
To support councils to deliver a wide and diverse range of public services, the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC) has provided local government with almost £42 million in funding through its Local Digital programme, which includes the Local Digital Fund and, more recently, Future Councils.
The Local Digital programme aims to deliver more user-centred and cost-effective local public services through open, collaborative and reusable work, and improve the cyber security of councils by helping them move away from insecure technology.
We want to work with councils to gather feedback on their digital and cyber position, what obstacles they face, and what delivers the best outcomes for local government.
The evaluation study will help to:
- demonstrate the impact and outcomes of digital and cyber projects within councils
- provide councils with a snapshot of their digital and cyber maturity
- measure whether the programme has supported councils towards becoming modern and resilient
- define how the programme develops future funding opportunities, support and interventions
- provide evidence to support the scaling up of council initiatives
- emphasise the critical role digital and cyber play in delivering council services