What are we signing up to?
By signing the Local Digital Declaration, your organisation is joining a growing community of over 300 local authorities, sector bodies and government departments who are committed to the shared vision of the Declaration.
To make sure real changes start to happen in our practice, culture and outcomes, each organisation that signs is asked to commit to doing a project in the next year. The project must be in line with the Declaration principles, which are to:
- redesign our services around the needs of the people using them
- break our dependence on inflexible and expensive technology that doesn’t join up effectively, in favour of modular common components and open data standards
- design safe, secure and useful ways of sharing information to build trust among our partners and citizens
- demonstrate digital leadership, creating the conditions for genuine organisational transformation
- embed an open culture that values, incentivises and expects working in the open wherever we can, sharing our plans and experience, working collaboratively with other organisations, and reusing good practice.
To help your organisation to fulfil its commitments, Declaration signatories are given the opportunity to apply for funding on a collaborative project(s) through the Local Digital Fund.
You will also get momentum and energy from the rest of Local Digital community and the dedicated Local Digital team at the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC), to support you in your digital transformation journey. DLUHC have funded Local Digital to support and bring together the community around the Declaration in their collective mission.