Digital Planning Service
Planning information is inaccessible, it can not be navigated or interrogated. Problems include potential applicants giving up, FOI’s, complaints, incorrect applications and data, lengthy, confusing application and negotiation processes, a lack of policy information, a lack of trust and understanding.
As this is a national issue this problem should have a common solution.
There is no market provider
This project will:
- Build upon work with OSL on Plan X looking at what user digital services mean for councils’ wider web presence and services.
- Look at implications for policy formats, web tools and interfaces, data registers, standard planning information schemas, intuitive services, maintenance and updating.
- Explore development of new interfaces such as ‘smart’ 3D interactive models for communicating planning information rather than 2D drawings.
- Consider how this could link with other council, GLA etc services.
We will produce:
- A user research and technology solution based report that gives us understanding of the most effective way to create a new digital service and the stages required.
- A report which addresses all of the problems raised above setting out whether a standardised approach could be replicated nationwide.
- A minimum viable produce to validate the digital service.
- Digital and agile awareness
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to service design
- Introduction to digital business analysis