Pendle Borough Council
We have a digital strategy and are working on customer channel shift, bringing more and more services online. We need a mechanism to analyse the behaviour of our customer journeys.
We want to know more accurately:
- How are they accessing our services?
- What areas are they accessing?
- Why is the take up slow in certain areas?
- Where are customers dropping out?
Ours aim is to work towards eliminating the barriers that are preventing our customers from transacting online.
We have the data – we just need the expertise to analyse that data to see how our digital strategy is working for our customers.
We do currently review our data , but it is time consuming, and is impacted by our limited expertise in data analysis. Additionally, the data is not always relevant to our needs and customer demographic.
We currently have Google Analytics installed on our website, but find that this does not work for us for the following reasons:
- The software is complex and difficult to understand
- It is geared more towards a commercial market
- There is a lack of skills within the Council to set up and interpret reports
We think that if we had analytics templates specific to local government, they could provide us with meaningful data around customer journeys on our respective websites, enabling us to look at customer behaviour, identify pinch points and dropout rates and then plan improvements to those journeys so that our customers experience is as efficient and effective as it can be. This could help to speed up the analysis, eliminating information collected that is not relevant, enabling us to move more quickly in making the right changes to remove the barriers to digital access for our customers.
We are making an assumption that there are other small borough/district councils in a similar situation to us.
We are happy for the project to identify potential partners for us.
- Digital and agile awareness
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to digital business analysis
- Agile for teams