Planning applications online have traditionally been done through the central Planning Portal. Whilst this has been a reasonable success it could be improved and now that the service is going to incur a fee the number of applications could well start to reduce and the submissions methods that are less efficient for councils increase.
There is also a need to improve the quality of applications submitted so as to reduce the number of failed applications and reduce wasted effort for the customer and planning service.
- Improve the information given to customers before any application so as to reduce the number of rejected or incomplete applications
- Design a digital pre app and application process that works for the customer as well as better serving the needs of the planning service
- Increased income due to better promotion and sign posting of pre app advice
- Digital leadership training (for council leaders, service managers or senior executives)
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to service design
- Agile for teams