Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
It is recognised that over 50% of the contact coming in to our front facing telephony Adult Services team is from professionals, which results in many of the Customer Service Advisors simply transferring the call to another professional or taking a message.
We would like to understand and explore the reasons for this, along with considering what opportunities exist through maximising the use of technology.
We are keen to produce information that will be reusable by other local authorities as we would not imagine that this problem is unique to Barnsley. In particular we aim to produce:
- A user research report that provides an understanding about the most effective way to reduce professional contact in to front facing teams
- A report highlighting the pain points in the process
A to be user journey map
- Digital leadership training (for council leaders, service managers or senior executives)
- Digital and agile awareness
- Introduction to user research
- Agile for teams