Moving house is stressful and difficult for people to co-ordinate without problems. Local authorities are often the first place people come to, however we know there are missed opportunities in ensuring we speak to customers once.
All local authorities have statutory functions such as Electoral Registration and waste collection that require residents to engage. Additionally vulnerable residents need to notify further services in order that we continue to meet their needs.
We have approximately 400 house moves registered per month. Citizens currently need to make multiple contacts, telling their story more than once which can result in delays of council tax payments, bin collections and electoral registration and critical services.
We want to collaborate with other councils to undertake a discovery in order to understand the problem and the opportunity to design a coherent customer journey. This means how we could develop a joined up approach to collecting information once and sharing as an organisation across services.
We want to:
- Understand the breadth of the problem and how much it is costing the authority for repeat contacts
- Understand the information that the residents need to ensure a seamless move
- Produce a customer journey map that identifies all the pain points
- Digital and agile awareness
- Introduction to service design
- Introduction to product management
- Agile for teams