We need an easy communication system that children can use in the way they expect. Social media is inappropriate due to security issues and one to one issues with individual social workers on such sites.
Children now expect to use the internet as a way of communicating. LCC have explored various options which have either been prohibitive on cost; provided poor interactivity with core systems or have not proven to be user friendly
Currently there is a reliance on telephone, face to face or written communication which are barriers for children.
We want to:
- create a solution that meets the needs of children and encourages contact due to ease of use
- understand what would be most efficient, accounting for the diversity of Leicester’s population and demographics.
- produce assets that will be reusable by other local authorities. In particular, we aim to produce:
- a user research report that provides an understanding of the most effective way to reduce the number of non-digital communication taking place
- a report highlighting barriers in the process
- a solution that will produce a small file sized document that can be stored in document management without unduly affecting servers and system speed
- Digital and agile awareness
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to digital business analysis
- Agile for teams