Adult Social Care are looking at ways of enabling work with single handed care, reducing the need for double handed care in order to assist with savings plans.
Current perceived challenges contributing to this are lengthy paper based instructions of how to lift and move someone which don’t get read due to the lack of visit time, or because English isn’t the first language.
The technology enabled care team came to us with the idea of producing videos of the service user being moved, linked to QR codes that care staff could scan in the clients home to watch the video.
We want to:
- undertake some user research to understand the problem further, before identifying possible prototypes leading to a solution.
- produce assets that will be reusable by other local authorities. In particular, we aim to produce:
- A user research report that gives us an understanding about the most effective way to reduce the number doubled handed visits taking place
This is supported by Dorset Council CEO, Matt Prosser.
- Digital leadership training (for council leaders, service managers or senior executives)
- Digital and agile awareness
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to service design
- Introduction to delivery management
- Introduction to product management
- Introduction to digital business analysis
- Agile for teams