Birmingham City Council
In line with the Local Government Transparency Code 2015 Councils are required to make certain datasets available for public consumption. Birmingham is committed to operating in a transparent manner and looking for ways that it can generate value with the open data it produces.
To support this work, we would like to better understand what users want from open data and how they would like us to present it.
We want to:
- Identify who uses the open data that we currently produce
- identify what the user needs are for the open data that we currently produce
- get a better understanding of the value that users get from our open data
- identify common ground with other producers of open data to develop a unified approach to the production of, and dissemination of, data
- develop assets to support this work that will support us to scale our approach to open data to other local authorities. We aim to provide:
- user research that illustrates user needs for open data
- user journeys and personas
- a value proposition for open data and key customer segmentation
- a strategy and roadmap for implementation
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to service design
- Introduction to product management