The Local Authority projects we fund will align with our vision of enabling a modern and efficient planning system in England, shifting a documents-based system to one that is data-driven, standards-based, and powered by modern user-centred products and services.
Applications for this year's Digital Planning Programme funding offers are now open until 5pm on Friday 1 December 2023
There are two funds available:
- The Digital Planning Improvement Fund: Round 2
- The PropTech Innovation Fund: Round 4
Local Authorities can apply to both funds. Please read the prospectus for each fund before submitting your application.
This page will be updated with answers from upcoming Q&A events, so please check this page before the applications close.
If you have any immediate questions or require the documents on this page in alternative formats you can email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Digital Planning Improvement Fund: Round 2
The Digital Planning Improvement Fund will provide local planning authorities with the funding and support to adopt modern planning practices within planning data, digital capabilities and development management software.
We will fund local planning authorities to:
- understand digital planning maturity in your organisation to baseline a starting point for action
- co-create an action plan to help improve your organisation’s digital planning maturity and support your organisation to be ready for the Levelling Up and Regeneration Bill legislation changes
- access training and improvement opportunities
- identify, improve and publish datasets to the Planning Data Platform
- join the Open Digital Planning (ODP) community
The PropTech Innovation Fund: Round 4
In August 2021 we launched the Property Technology (PropTech) Innovation Fund to support the widespread adoption of digital citizen engagement tools and transform community involvement in planning. This is the largest UK Government PropTech programme funding local authorities to work with industry at pace and scale to radically transform how communities can engage in the planning system.
Round 4 of the PropTech Innovation Fund will support projects that demonstrate the benefits of how digital solutions can be utilised across either of the following areas:
- Land Assessment – improve current approaches to identifying and evaluating sites, including viability and feasibility assessments, analysing small sites, or land assembly projects. This could include tools which automate assessments, aggregate and visualise data sets or enable predictive modelling and scenario testing
- Digital Citizen Engagement – visualising planning proposals to increase transparency and understanding for communities and stakeholders
The team will be running a series of Q&A events during the application period. You can sign up to attend these via Eventbrite:
- DLUHC Digital Planning Funding – General Q&A – Wednesday 1 November, 2023, 10:00am to 11:00am
- DLUHC Digital Planning Improvement Fund – Local Authority Q&A – Tuesday 7 November, 2023, 10:00am – 11:00am
- DLUHC PropTech Innovation Fund – Local Authority Q&A – Tuesday 14 November, 2023, 10:00am to 11:00am
- DLUHC Digital Planning Improvement Fund – Local Authority Q&A – Tuesday 21 November, 2023, 10:00 am to 11:00am
- DLUHC PropTech Innovation Fund – Local Authority Q&A – Tuesday 28 November, 2023, 10:00am to 11:00am
This page will be updated with answers from the Q&A events, so please check this page before the applications close.
Questions and answers from virtual Q&A sessions