During 2017/2018 financial year; 10,318 unique individuals had some sort of adult assessment start. The focus for 2018/2019 is to adopt a strength and asset based approach to the delivery of adult social care across a full service delivery platform.
It is our partnership’s aim to;
- Reduce the number of people contacting social care for advice, guidance and information.
- Increase number of people accessing self-care / self-help.
- Provide an up to date mobile application accessible on smart devices; therefore readily available to residents, partners and the social care workforce, which is health literate.
- Provide the Adult Social Care workforce with an up to date accessible toolkit and training to support our Strength Based approach across the City.
- Enhance joined up thinking across sectors and residents to provide LIVE up to date information supporting delivery across the sectors.
- Empower local residents to access, signpost and publicise community services and activities.
- Establish an application to support key health messages; Five Ways to Wellbeing
We aspire to provide a mobile application available to residents, partners and local authority workforce to ‘find and access’ local services/activities at the touch of a button and on the go!
- Digital leadership training (for council leaders, service managers or senior executives)
- Digital and agile awareness
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to service design
- Introduction to delivery management
- Introduction to product management
- Introduction to digital business analysis
- Agile for teams