We are procuring a ‘Digital Platform’ upon which we will redesign each of our customer facing, internal, and partner processes. Key to our specification has been a set of ‘digital components’ that we require that the platform either has, or can reach out to.
This has resulted in a map of the common components which are typically embedded and repeated across proprietary systems.
We want to discover
- which are the most re-usable commodity components – for example
- Customer Index
- Data Matching
- Consent Bank
- Records Management
- what are the existing data standards and APIs that would make these components interoperable;
- where are new standards required;
- how might a market for components be established;
- how ready are suppliers of proprietary products to componentise their offerings, and reduce the need for a council to repeatedly purchase the same functionality for each service area;
- the potential for savings and efficiency for a council adopting selected components.
We would expect to engage with
- iStandUK and councils who are subscribers
- Digital leadership training (for council leaders, service managers or senior executives)
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to service design
- Agile for teams