Social Care and Housing Data Correlation
As all other Councils, Waltham Forest holds an enormous amount of data about our social care and social housing work. We have been running a pilot with Amazon Web Services and Cloudwick to see how we can use this data to plan our services better. We found:
- Correlation between social housing customers and families being helped with social care. Specific areas where this is more prevalent in the borough.
- It may be possible to enhance our quality assurance by applying machine learning from past case notes.
- Using Cloud technology we can link to legacy systems and analyse data securely, quickly and efficiently.
We will build on this to:
- Create reusable dashboards which show correlations between Housing and Social Care data and can be actively used by operational managers across to re-plan their services in order to intervene earlier in cases which typically required more intervention.
- Create at least one operational use case where machine learning can be used to actively quality assure social care / housing decisions to ensure a fair outcome.
We will partner with the London Borough of Hackney so that this capability will be reusable across Councils once developed.
- Digital leadership training (for council leaders, service managers or senior executives)
- Digital and agile awareness
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to digital business analysis