Understand how to pitch innovative ideas using prototypes, and develop your skills by creating your own prototype.
Create your own prototype
In order for companies to remain competitive, they have to create innovative products, processes or services to satisfy new or existing customers. Prototypes allow you to test your ideas early on to get invaluable feedback informing you about what the customers really want.
On this course you will learn about different types of prototype you can use to demonstrate a new product, process or service and you will get the opportunity to create your own. You will use the feedback you receive to refine your idea, explore what makes a good pitch and then have a go at pitching your idea.
What topics will you cover?
- Exploring the innovation process and what it means to be innovative
- Developing innovative ideas and applying them to real-world situations
- The importance of iteration in the innovation process
- The different stages of prototyping
- Validating your business model and pitching your ideas
- naviProM: The four innovation project management approaches
Who this course is suitable for
This course is useful for people within organisations seeking to integrate innovation into the way they work.
What you’ll achieve
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Describe the innovation process and what it means to be innovative
- Apply an ideation technique to generate innovative ideas
- Produce a problem statement to an issue which has been previously identified
- Reflect upon the importance of iteration in the innovation process
- Identify the different stages of prototyping
- Produce a prototype
- Reflect upon the importance of giving and receiving constructive feedback to improve on an idea
- Identify what makes a good pitch
- Evaluate your business model using the Business Model Canvas (BMC)
- Explore the NaviProM model and its uses for managing innovation projects
Who developed this course
St George’s, University of London
St George’s is the UK’s only university dedicated to medical and health sciences education, training and research.
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of healthcare and agriculture.