Discover how databases work and how to use SQL in this introductory course.
Learn about databases and how to use SQL to search and manipulate data
On this course from the Raspberry Pi Foundation you’ll learn what databases are and why we use them, exploring how to use SQL to search and manipulate data.
Along the way, you’ll learn about primary keys and table relationships, as well as how to create joins to search multiple tables. In the final week, you’ll finish by grouping and looking at exporting data from the database.
Learning about databases and SQL is a key component of Computer Science, so it’s important for educators, students, and parents alike to feel confident about the subject.
Who this course is suitable for
This course is designed for learners who haven’t used or created a database and SQL before but would like to learn how to.
What you’ll achieve
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Produce SQL statements to search and update a database
- Explain the comparison of databases to spreadsheets
- Apply filters in SQL statements
- Demonstrate how to use SQL statements to create relationships for tables in a database
- Produce SQL statements to search across multiple tables
- Explain the key terms used to describe databases
Who developed this course
Raspberry Pi Foundation
The Raspberry Pi Foundation works to put the power of digital making into the hands of people all over the world, so they are capable of understanding and shaping our increasingly digital world.