Discover what makes online content a success and learn how to create engaging content that’s in line with your business goals.
Master the art of successful content creation for your business
Great content is the foundation of a successful digital marketing strategy. It can increase SEO rankings, enhance brand and product awareness, and encourage your audience to buy a product or share information – but what makes truly effective online content?
On this two-week course, you’ll find out how to create engaging content that meets your goals.
You’ll learn the value of delivering the right message to the right audience at the right time, and consider the importance of tone, style, and format.
Internet users are consuming more content than ever before. With this course, you’ll understand how to use different online platforms to your advantage to make your voice heard above the noise.
Critically examine digital content to help you deliver the right message
With an understanding that content is planned with a specific purpose, you’ll learn how to identify the messages and intentions within online content.
You’ll question the messaging and use of language to understand the best practices in content creation. You’ll also evaluate how various media formats can be used to create compelling content to help you identify which format suits your business intentions.
Develop a content strategy alongside industry professionals
You’ll learn how to use practical strategies to communicate effectively online. Hearing from industry professionals, you’ll discover how you can structure your content plans, and how to approach content creation for different platforms.
You’ll hear how experts put their content plans into action and by the end of this course, you’ll feel confident in structuring your own plan to respond to a specific brief.
What topics will you cover?
- Define online ‘content’ and how content is planned with a specific intention
- Critically examine online content and identify the messaging and intentions within it
- Question the messaging and use of language in online content
- Use practical strategies to communicate effectively online
- Explore best practice in content media creation
Who this course is suitable for
This course is designed for anyone interested in online content creation. It will be useful if you are working in marketing or if you are looking to boost your digital skills, whether you are wanting to improve your career prospects or you’re just entering the digital workplace. This may include those starting their careers, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
What you’ll achieve
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Interpret the messaging and intention behind online content
- Evaluate the use of tone and language in communication
- Describe how various media formats are used to create compelling online content
- Identify suitable content format for a particular purpose
- Describe key considerations for creating online content in a variety of media
- Apply suitable tones and techniques to communicate a message effectively
Who developed this course
University of Leeds
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.