Enhance your understanding of Python by diving deeper into functions including data wrangling, manipulation and transformation.
Do you want to expand your data analytics skills and streamline your analysis processes? Having a solid understanding of Python can help to boost your career and make data analysis and manipulation considerably more efficient.
This course builds on the previous two within this Data Analytics Using Python ExpertTrack to give you a better understanding of the possibilities of using Python.
Deepen your understanding of Python functions
On this course, you’ll familiarise yourself with the data wrangling, manipulation and exploration steps of the CRISP-DM methodology, and perform data ingestion using Python.
You’ll learn how to demonstrate transformation activities in Python to further your data analysis.
You’ll also explore SQL in relation to data analytics, including the fundamentals of databases using SQL to perform various data analysis operations.
By the end of this course, you’ll be better equipped to create database tables using the data definition language and add data records using data manipulation language.
You’ll have also practised how to query the data stored in those database tables, and demonstrate various data processing activities using data query language and data manipulation language.
What topics will you cover?
- Data wrangling using Python
- Designing databases
- Introduction to SQL
Who this course is suitable for
- business analysis or junior data analysts looking to develop advanced data analytics skills and programming capabilities to progress their careers in data analytics
- someone with existing programming capabilities looking to enter the data analytics field
- an individual lacking the programming capabilities to conduct more advanced data analysis and modelling
What you’ll achieve
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Demonstrate data wrangling, manipulation and transformation activities in Python
- Create database tables using the data definition language and add data records using data manipulation language
- Query the data stored in those database tables
- Demonstrate various data processing activities using data query language and data manipulation language
Who developed this course
FutureLearn is jointly owned by The Open University and The SEEK Group and has been providing online courses for learners around the world over the last eight years.